Legal Groups to Announce Wave of Cases Highlighting Nationwide Abuses By U.S. Customs and Border Protection
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Contact: Wendy Feliz, American Immigration Council, 202-507-7524, email@example.com
Washington D.C. – On Wednesday, an alliance of immigration groups, private attorneys and a law school clinic will announce ten cases targeting abuses by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) across the country. On the call, attorneys involved in the litigation, as well as a plaintiff in one of the cases, will comment. Case summaries will also be made available.
When: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 10 a.m. PDT (1 p.m. EDT)
- Matt Adams, Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, Seattle, WA
- Joseph Anderson, Americans for Immigrant Justice, Miami, FL
- Melissa Crow, Legal Action Center, American Immigration Council, Washington, DC
- Jackie Pearce, Immigration Justice Clinic, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, NY
- L. R., Plaintiff, Chateauguay, New York
- Trina Realmuto, National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild, Boston, MA (Moderator)
RSVP: For dial-in information, email Wendy Feliz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-507-7524.
Click here to view a pdf version of this media alert.